Status: Salary - Exempt
Summary: The Culpeper Chamber of Commerce works to support, build and promote the most effective climate for economic development. The President/CEO is responsible for carrying out the mission of the chamber. The President/CEO is also responsible for the overall operation of the chamber in a manner which will maximize the resources and programs of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the chamber’s assets based on an annual board approved budget.
- Recruits, hires, and manages chamber personnel.
- Directs and manages an on-going membership development program to build and maintain a strong membership.
- Manages and leads chamber sponsored events and chamber committees and councils.
- Communicates with county and town governments on issues and events which will promote and enhance the business and economic environment of our community.
- Maintains a program of communications and public relations with news media which promotes, builds, and supports the business community.
- Develops, evaluates, and recommends programs to provide support, inform, and assist chamber members.
- Reports to the Board of Directors the status of all initiatives.
- Functions as CEO of Career Partners, Inc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong budget preparation and financial reporting experience.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Minimal travel required.
- Satisfactory credit and background check.
Qualified candidates should submit resumes to CulpeperChamberCEO@gmail.com , paper copies are not accepted.