EURO-COMPOSITES ® Corporation is one of the global leading manufacturers of lightweight products based on honeycomb core. The product range consists of various types of honeycomb, panels, formed, milled parts and drop-in parts for a wide range of industries and especially for the aeronautical industry.JOB SUMMARY includes, but not limited to:
The Senior Purchasing Agent is responsible for communicating with vendors and to ensure that the company maintains a sufficient inventory of supplies in order to support its production demands.
- Supervises purchasing, inventory, and receiving departments.
- Ordering and management of raw materials for production.
- Receive and reconcile vendor invoices
- Interacts daily with suppliers and internal departments to determine inventory needs.
- Compile and analyze data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Confer with suppliers to determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Review proposals, negotiate prices, follow up on orders placed, verify delivery, approve payment, and maintain necessary records.
- Issue requisitions and purchase orders.
- Take inventory monthly and maintain stock records in order to ensure on time delivery by managing the purchase of merchandise.
- Creates monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the following items; Inventory, Credit Notes, Outstanding Orders, Credit Card/Expense, Contract, and Freight.
- 3+ years experience in purchasing; preferably in manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in a business related field.
- Experience with ordering and shipping chemicals a plus.
- Excellent verbal and email communication skills required.
- Advanced MS Office skills preferred.
- Effective negotiating skills needed.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills needed.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds may be required.