Volunteer Engagement Project Coordinator
Join our team and be a part of an association whose mission is public protection! The Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), a nonprofit organization based in Culpeper, Virginia, is seeking a highly organized meetings professional with travel experience and a passion for working with association members and volunteers. A full-time position, the Volunteer Engagement Project Coordinator will be accountable for ensuring a positive experience for volunteers from onboarding new members to their experience attending ASWB events in-person or online. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills and a take-charge attitude to manage the ASWB volunteer recognition and awards program, member onboarding, tracking of volunteer contributions to ASWB, and strong technical skills to support online and hybrid meetings. The individual sought for the position must be knowledgeable of meeting planning processes including familiarization with hotel contracts, food and beverage planning, shipping coordination, and on-site meeting management. This is NOT fully-remote work opportunity. Learn more at www.aswb.org.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Successful work experience and knowledge of event planning, customer service and marketing, and online and hybrid meetings
- Strong clerical skills with close attention to detail and accuracy; effective multitasker
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite products, Zoom, and Survey Monkey required
- Experience with customer relationship management database software programs, web design and content management tools required
- Effective and proactive team communicator, facilitator, problem solver, and decision maker
- Works effectively using discretion, independent judgment, and without close supervision
- Experience with domestic and international shipping coordination a plus
- Highly organized; ability to handle multiple tasks and apply judgement to prioritize and make decisions
- Ability to collaborate, share ideas and assist team members on projects during peaks of activities as needed
- Must travel domestically and internationally several times a year and over weekends in accordance with ASWB travel policies. (Travel requirements will vary depending on event location and time of year).
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package including health, dental, life insurance, PTO, parental leave, and retirement! Hybrid work week is 37.5 hours Monday – Friday. Salary range is $52,500 - $87,500. Overnight and weekend travel required.
APPLY by sending your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until June 24, 2022.
ASWB is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace culture that welcomes and appreciates all individuals regardless of race, gender, gender identity/expression, age, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, religious affiliation, or national origin and culture.
ASWB provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. ASWB reserves the right to alter, change, modify, and/or terminate this job posting at any time without notice, or obligation, to any party.
Culpeper Chamber of Commerce
629 Sperryville Pike
Culpeper, VA 22701