Come, GROW with us! We are excited to announce that Community-STARs Pediatric Therapy Clinic is seeking a part-time Speech Language Pathologist to join our crew! If selected, you will develop a balanced schedule between clinic based work and Early Intervention, allowing you to evaluate and treat patients with speech, language, voice, fluency, oral motor, and feeding disorders from ages of six months and up! This position will require comfort with a variety of diagnoses and challenge you daily to come up with creative and fun interventions for your kiddos.
- Evaluate and utilize appropriate standardized tests for accurate diagnosis of speech and communication disorders
- Develop new and modify existing IFSP goals
- Establish treatment goals and implement age appropriate plans of care via active IFSPs
- Perform daily documentation, update treatment plans, and produce regular progress reports
- Update client progress to both families and early intervention staff
- Implement and keep current with evidence-based practices
- Work with a team of dedicated therapists focusing on Making Everyday Differences in the lives of children and their families!
- Previous experience in pediatric Speech Language Pathology is preferred
- Familiarity with communication, phonological, and oral motor disorders
- Ability to build rapport with clients, their families/caregivers, and colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, patient, and fun demeanor
- Ability to work well in one-on-one and co-treatment scenarios
School-based Therapy and Resources (STARs) was established in 2009 with an emphasis on school-based and early intervention pediatric physical therapy services. In 2016, STARs opened Community-STARs (C-STARs) an outpatient pediatric therapy clinic for children ages 0-21 years old. We believe a child’s work is play and we are passionate about our work! At C-STARs, we aim high, we aim big, we shoot for the stars, and we get there through small, incremental, doable steps. C-STARs is located in Culpeper, Virginia - we also serve Madison, Greene, Orange, Charlottesville, Rappahannock, and Fauquier.
Job Type: part-time