Director of Mediation and Administrative Services Position Announcement
PIEDMONT DISPUTE RESOLUTION CENTER
Director of Mediation and Administrative Services
Piedmont Dispute Resolution Center
Piedmont Dispute Resolution Center (PDRC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization headquartered in Warrenton, Virginia and a member of the Resolution Virginia Association and the National Association for Community Mediation. Established in 1990, PDRC is nationally recognized for providing quality dispute resolution programs and training workshops in mediation, facilitation, negotiation, restorative justice and conflict management.
The Piedmont Dispute Resolution Center is seeking a dynamic Director of Mediation and Administrative Services. This position is responsible for efficiently managing mediations for the courts served by PDRC and mediating cases.In addition, this role manages administrative functions, which includes website maintenance, overseeing the case management system, and additional responsibilities.
The Director of Mediation and Administrative Services is a highly visible position and requires outstanding interpersonal skills, strong negotiation abilities, a high level of professionalism, and a passion to serve the community.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Court & Community Mediation:
- Mediate court cases.
- Distribute monthly mediation court calendar to mediators and staff.
- Case-related communication with court personnel, mediators, clients and attorneys.
- Ensure the timely submission of orientation/mediation reports to the courts.
- Ensure all mediation agreements are properly written, signed and timely submitted.
- Coordinate with the administrative assistant, and general district court invoices are properly and timely submitted to the Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Work with the bookkeeper, ensure the timely compensation of mediators.
- Schedule and mediate non-court cases (business, interpersonal, etc.) when needed.
- Oversee annual coordinator contract with Virginia Supreme Court’s Division of Dispute Resolution Services including submission of monthly and quarterly reports.
- Schedule mediators and mediations based on courts’ and client needs.
- Liaison between center and all courts and clerk’s offices served by PDRC (except Prince William County). Develop and maintain effective relationships with judges and court personnel.
- Maintain a list of active potential mediators and mentees.
- Mediator recruitment, orientation, monitoring and management, in conjunction with executive director. Ensure the courts are served by a ready pool of qualified mediators. Mediators who serve PDRC courts must meet the standards expected by the courts and public.
- Mediator evaluation, discipline and termination, in conjunction with executive director.
- Conduct mediator meetings and assist in development and administration of continuing education.
- Annual submission of Virginia Dept. of Social Services’ Neighborhood Assistance Program NAP).
- Assist with annual fundraising letter.
- Maintain computer anti-virus and backup systems, specifically Norton and Carbonite.
- Oversee the purchase and computer installation of Civilware to calculate child and spousal support as well as PDRC’s cloud-based case management system through Mediate.com.
- Oversee the annual Give Local Piedmont (GLP) campaign.
- Negotiate contract(s) for internet and telephone services (Comcast).
- Manage or supervise the maintenance of the website, including interfacing with Network Solutions and Godaddy.
- Oversee mass mail software such as MailChimp.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Judicial Council of Virginia mediator certifications in general and juvenile and domestic relations district courts are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and be resourceful.
- Action-oriented, adaptable and innovative approach to program development.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and talent for networking outreach and public relations.
- High level of comfort and effectiveness in working with a diverse network of individuals.
- Reliability and the highest level of discretion with confidential information.
- Demonstrated significant management and/or supervision experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in Civilware for child and spousal support calculations preferred
- Basic computer maintenance, networking and trouble-shooting
- Experience in Social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook) preferred
- Website management/familiarity
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to Lawrie Parker at Lawrie.firstname.lastname@example.org
PDRC is an equal opportunity employer. PDRC recruits qualified applicants and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law. U.S. work authorization required.
Culpeper Chamber of Commerce
629 Sperryville Pike
Culpeper, VA 22701